Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quarterly Reading Update - 2nd Quarter, 2009

In the second quarter of 2009, I read 37 novels for a total of 12,202 pages. That's an average of 134 pages per day.

That is a huge surprise to me. Now granted, I read 14 children's books, which have larger fonts and less wordage per page as a general rule, but that still impressed me since I also wrote my first novel in that quarter and worked a lot on editing and proofreading my wife's as well. No wonder my lawn was so long the other day, apparently I spend all my time reading!

Here's the list:

– Spider Legs by Piers Anthony and Clifford Pickover

– Killer Heat (An Alex Cooper Novel) by Linda Fairstein

– Sea Change by James Powlik

– Pipsqueak by Brian M. Wiprud

– The Treasure of Alpheus Winterborn by John Bellairs

– A Series of Unfortunate Events Book 1 - The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snickett

– A Series of Unfortunate Events Book 2 - The Reptile Room by Lemony Snickett

– The Woods by Harlan Coben

– Fresh Disasters by Stuart Woods

– Bad Boy Brawly Brown by Walter Mosley

– The Freakshow by Bryan Smith

– Higher Authority by Stephen White

– The Bancroft Strategy by Robert Ludlum

– Series of Unfortunate Events Book 3 - The Wide Window by Lemony Snickett

– Bullet Blues by Bob Burton

– Manhattan Is My Beat by Jeffery Deaver

– Floodland by Marcus Sedgwick
– Beach Road by James Patterson & Peter De Jonge

– The Dark Secret Of Weatherend By John Bellairs

– A Series Of Unfortunate Events Book 4 – The Miserable Mill By Lemony Snicket

– Gun Shy By Ben Rehder

– The Last Oracle By James Rollins

– The Bell, The Book and The Spellbinder By Brad Strickland

– Shockwave By Clive Cussler

– Unspeakable By Sandra Brown

– Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man By Wendelin Van Draanen

– The Book Of Lies By Brad Meltzer

– A Series Of Unfortunate Events Book 6 - The Austere Academy By Lemony Snickett

– The Beasts Of Clawstone Castle By Eva Ibbotson

– Shadow Of Power By Steve Martini

– The Mansion In The Mist By John Bellairs The Attorney By Steve Martini

– Silent Prey By John Sanford

– Dark Harbor By David Hosp

– Sea Legs By Alex Shearer

– The Spell Of The Sorcerer's Skull By John Bellairs
– Flipping Out By Marshall Karp

Some great books here and some not so great. The Series of Unfortunate Events continues to underwhelm seriously, my Bellairs obsession continues unabated, I found a few new authors that I enjoyed, like Steve Martini and David Hosp. The always stupendous Marshall Karp came out with a new one, which is currently fighting with Bad Boy Brawly Brown as my favorite book of the year so far.

On a separate note, my manuscript was officially delivered to the offices of Random House in New York. Someday soon someone that isn't family or close friends may be deciding whether I can write... Crap.

1 comment:

Steve at Random said...

As fast as you read, perhaps you should move to New York and become a book editor.