Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 26, 2009 - Those Two Little Words

Life -

On the life front, my Tuesday was supercraptastical. I went to bed at 11 on Monday, slept till 2am and got up to recalibrate my sleeping for my graves shifts. Tuesday, I sat on my butt with my foot elevated until it was time to shower and go to bed at 3pm, in the hopes that all would go smoother at work as a result. Not so much. Work last night was horrid. Between not being able to accomplish anything, tooling around in our beat down courtesy wheelchair and being surly about not being able to do anything and stuck in a wheelchair, I was pretty grumpy by the time I got home.

Writing -

On the bright side, Tuesday afternoon was the the day I finished my first draft of my first novel. I'm at 43,957 words and wrote 7,095 on the last day and I'm pretty happy with what I have. I've got a pretty good chunk of notations to add or subtract from the earlier chapters, but it was tremendous feeling to accomplish something like this. Of course, now I have to edit it and revise it, then sell it...

The Last Sentence -
The End.

From - "The Whispering Ferns - A Moonstone Bay Mystery."

2 comments:

Steve at Random said...

Kris - any chance of you sending the first chapter by e-mail? I'd like to at least get a taste of it. Steve

Evelyn Goss said...

OOH! Can't wait to read it! Let me know if you need any help with the editing or anything! :)