Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Store, Pretty Much The Same Old Job

Life - 
I started in my new store today. It's a very new place, with the latest in shelving design, layout, decor, machinery.... Though the registers are still the same ones they premiered back in 1987. It's a lovely store, with low shelves and upbeat employees, but I have my work cut out for me. Any time you start in a new place, there's a learning curve, and I know the Big boss man is expecting quite a lot out of me, pretty quickly, so I need to get to know the employees and customers fast.

Luckily, I'm pretty good at that and everyone seems willing to learn. And man, do they have a lot to learn. Training, especially in a store as slow as this one is should be much further along than it is.

We have to drive to Scarborough tomorrow and pick up Bluebelle, drive it home, then drive back there to go to work that night. Ugh. On the plus side, that means both of us will have wheels again and Lindsay can start her new job without us needing to work out a ride schedule or nonsense like that.




Writing - 
Continuing to work on my query, thanks largely in part to the help and advice from my wife and the good folks on the BlueBoards and Nathan Bransford's Forum.

No comments: