Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wile E Coyote

Now Playing -  
The Blood Of The Lamb  by Billy Bragg

Life -  
 
 Life... It's been four things. Snow, Pharmacy Technician training, our upcoming books and the death of my grandma.

Unfortunately, most of these things have kind of made a big dogpile all together and for a while, I was very overwhelmed. I was staying up until 4 or 5 in the morning, staggering to bed for a few hours of sleep before the next day, when I would do the same thing again. Every minute was spent with the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) book sitting in front of me, taunting me. I have to take the test for my job, but it's an area of my occupation that I'm quite unfamiliar with. I manage the front end of a pharmacy, a slow one, but not slow enough to actually train. Just a few nights ago, I was sitting at the table, supposedly studying, when my mind just kind of shut down. Things went blurry and I started to panic. Then I crashed and slept for 12 of the next 20 hours. Just like that, the wall I'd hit a few days prior and just kept pushing, boring through the brick had turned into plates of steel and I was sunk.

But, due to no one specific event, things have gotten better now. I'm still stressed about the test, miss my grandma horribly and hate driving in the snow, but they seem more separated and easier to handle. I have the next four days off and quite by accident, I passed the pre-test tonight for my big one. Just barely, but since I was just taking it to see where my strengths were to study, the passing grade lightens my load a wee bit. The snow aint gonna change or magically disappear, but there's none forecast for the next few days, so I might finally get my mailbox dug out for more than a half hour without the plow burying it.

My grandma is still gone, but I do firmly believe she's in a happier place, so that helps.


Writing - 
And the books that I've been stressing about? Well, that's because nothing getting written in the last few weeks, and that's stressing me because I'm genuinely excited about writing in it, finishing Mr. Pale up so I can prep it for release. It's a fun, odd little bugger, but I'm excited to see what people think. I hope to get some significant progress on it this weekend.

The ROUS FAMILY -     

No comments: